This Dance Teacher Starter Pack is designed for new JAZZ dance teachers who need a starting point in developing their classes.
This is, by no means, a comprehensive resource. You’ll have to continue to train and seek other educational resources. This pack includes:
- What You Should Know Before You Teach
- Elements of Jazz Dance
- Suggested Class Levels (Great for studio owners as they plan their studio offerings!)
- Class Timeline Options (A must-have if you're wondering how to schedule your classes!)
- A list of Technique Warm-Up Exercises
- A list of Stretching Exercises
- A list of Progressions
- A list of Center Skills
- A list of Conditioning Exercises
Remember that each style of dance has many variations – one teacher’s “saut de chat” is another teacher’s “leap”. Dance is also constantly evolving – every day a new skill or move is created, especially in a style like jazz or hip hop.
Enjoy the art of dance!
I hope this Starter Pack will be helpful to you!
NOTE: Out of respect for a budding small business, please do not purchase this document and then make copies for other teachers. Please send your colleagues the link to this webpage and ask that they purchase their own copy. Thank you!