This is an ActivInspire Flipchart for Promethean Boards.
It is aligned with the Jefferson Parish Public Schools Social Studies Grade 3 Instructional Guide #1 about Louisiana Geography.
Use it as an additional resource and to prep students for their end of the year Social Studies post test.
- Students learn about the geographical landscape of LA and how people are affected by it and how it impacts the environment.
- Discovery Education videos are linked (user name and password required)
- anchor text - Me on the Map
- graphic organizer to distinguish between a town, parish, state, and country
- world map: label the continents and oceans
- brainpopjr links - continents and oceans and reading maps
- online games and websites are embedded
- practice with different types of maps and map grids
- Louisiana's borders
- Types of communities with pictures
- How LA adapted the environment to meet basic needs
- Natural resources
- Timeline PowerPoint embedded
- Different types of graphs
- LA's Regions with slide share link & Smithsonian Magazine link
- Lake Ponchatrain, Driskall Mountain, Mississippi River, Gulf of Mexico, Red River, Kisatchie Hills, Port of New Orleans
- coastal erosion
- land forms and elevation
- longitude and latitude