**Updated on 1/15/18: Added an interactive notebook activity using primary source quotes and a half sheet guided questions assignment.
This lesson teaches your students the opposing ideas of Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton. This is one of my favorite lessons to teach. The new ADDITIONS including Hamilton lyrics, two primary source letters and the twitter assignment enhanced this lesson for my students.
This product includes:
- Thomas Jefferson: Views for America - Reading and Questions
- Alexander Hamilton: Views for America - Reading and Questions
- Jefferson vs. Hamilton Powerpoint - Distills the readings
- Graphic Organizer: Note-taking for the powerpoint
- Quote Detective!: Matching quotes to either Jefferson or Hamilton (handout or interactive notebook assignment)
- Card Sort!: Practice views/quotes from Jefferson and Hamilton
- Quiz: A 10 question (half sheet) quiz for assessment
- Twitter homework assignment (added 1/22/17)
- Primary source letters link (added 1/22/17)
- Hamilton (the musical) lyrics (added 1/22/17)
The "Views" readings and the "Quote Detective!" include answer sheets.
Get free stuff! Did you know that you get TPT credit for every dollar you spend after you comment on a purchase? It's an easy and inexpensive way to add to your teaching toolbox!