This sorting activity has the students sorting digraph jellybeans by digraph. The featured digraphs are ch, sh, th, wh (beginning and ending). This would be great for a small group, or stations / center activity. Perfect for Spring, February, April, Easter, Halloween or Valentines Day.
Teacher prep needed:
- Print out all pages. For added durability I would laminate the jelly bean pieces, and sorting mats.
- Cut out the sorting mats along the black lines, and you can either cut out the jelly beans along the square lines, or along the jellybean.
- Print off enough recording sheets for all students to use, or print off a few and laminate them so that the students can draw on them using a dry erase marker.
This set includes:
- Direction sheet
- 4 sorting mats (ch, sh, th, wh)
- 32 jellybean sorting pieces ( 8 per digraph-- 4 for beginning and 4 for ending, except for wh which has 8 for the beginning digraph)
- Answer key
- Recording sheet
Idea of the activity :
1. Lay out all the sorting mats
2. Match each jellybean to the correct digraph mat.
3. When done, check your answers and complete the recording sheet.
If you liked this activity
check out my other great digraph items....
by clicking this link
Enjoy! And thank you SO much for stopping by my TPT store :)
* I would also love to hear your thoughts on this product so please feel free to leave feedback below!