Included in this Easter and Spring Themed Math Activity Pack are 10 fun, engaging activities to use whole class, as centers, reinforcement of skills or test prep! It meets a wide range of Math CCSS for 2nd Grade including, but not limited to: 2.OA.2, 2.OA.3, 2.OA.4, 2.NBT.2, N.NBT.3, 2.NBT.5, 2.MD.1, 2.MD.3, and 2.MD.9
-Jellybeans (any brand) I like to use starburst! A baggie of between 10-20 jellybeans for each student works best.
-Copies of the activities. No cutting or laminating required!!
1. Jellybean Chain Measuring- Students practice measuring to the nearest centimeter by lining up a given number of jellybeans and then estimating and measuring the length of each.
2. Collect and Organize- Students practice collecting data by sorting their jellybeans by color and creating a tally chart.
3. Plot it!- Students use the data collected in the previous activity to plot their data on a line plot.
4. Analyze Your Line Plot- Students answer various questions by referring to their Line Plots they created in Plot it!
5. Twenty Wins- Students practice facts to 20 with this fun game! Directions and example included.
6. Jellybean Arrays- Students use their jellybeans to form arrays and write matching repeated addition sentences.
7. Odd or Even?- Students use tens frames and their jellybeans to determine whether amounts are odd or even.
8. More Odd or Even?- Students continue to use tens frames and their jellybeans to determine odd or even. Students also write a doubles fact or doubles +/- 1 fact for each.
9. Fact Families- Students use tens frames and their jellybeans to practice related fact family facts to 20.
10. How Many?- Students practice skip counting by 2s, 5s, 10s, and 100s using jellybeans as counters.
Enjoy and please leave feedback! :) Cassie Carr