Shopping, Racing, Football, Movies, Music -- Various 5th Grade Common Core Math
This Jeopardy game reviews Common Core for 5th grade math and is broken down into some fun categories – Shopping, Racing, Football, Movies, and Music. It includes the following standards.
• Add/subtracting and multiplying/dividing decimals
• Comparing and rounding decimals
• Powers of 10
• Multiplication with whole numbers
• Converting yards to feet and converting feet to inches
• Writing numerical expressions and evaluating expressions with parenthesis, brackets, and braces
• Place value being based on 10
• Line plot counting the Xs and line plot adding fractions
• Comparing fractions, multiplying fractions, and adding fractions with unlike denominators
****OPEN SLIDE 52 FIRST TO PRINT INSTRUCTIONS AND WORKSHEET FOR STUDENTS.
Normally when playing Jeopardy, teams pair off and you end up with only 1 or 2 students doing the work in the groups. This Jeopardy Review game allows every student to participate. Each student works the problem and records their answers. It is also a great formative assessment. It is recommended to give the students a classwork grade for completing the Jeopardy Review – stress to them to be honest and not just write in the answers. Most students are honest when participating.