This activity is based on the popular TV show Jeopardy. The idea is to introduce or evaluate students' knowledge on basic general terms. Teachers may download this PowerPoint file and edit, modify, or create their own Jeopardy game based on any topic or genre. This is a fun way for students to collaborate and participate in an activity.
The rules are simple.
• Create 3 groups (ranging from 7-10 students) with a unique group name
• Have each group choose a group leader to answer for the group.
• A group has 10 seconds to give the right "question" to the answer.
• If the group answers correctly, they earn the points, if not, the following group has a chance to answer.
• Click back to the category slide and have the group choose another Point Value.
• The game continues until all the "Answers" have been chose.
• The Final Jeopardy is done when all the points are added, the last question is shown and each group has 30 seconds to write down the answer.
• The teacher shows the answer, and calculates who wins by adding the point value, or deducting if the group answered incorrectly.