Use this product to help your students sequence the events of Jesus’ arrest. It includes a story sequencing mat, coordinating cards to cut out, vocabulary words and a review sheet.
More About This Product
- Scriptures covered include Matthew 26:36-56, Mark 14: 32-50, Luke 22:39-54 and John 18: 1-12. We learned about Jesus’ arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane.
- This was created to be used by teachers in bible class, but could also be used in a school/home school setting or by parents just wanting to teach their children more of God’s word.
- The vocabulary words were reviewed prior to the lesson to increase comprehension. I picked words that were found in the scriptures that would be unfamiliar to my students or that would likely warrant review.
- The story sequencing mat and corresponding cards could be laminated for multiple uses or you could use this as a cut and paste activity. I used it as a cut and paste activity.
- After telling the bible story, have your students sequence the events of the story by putting them in order. My students are not yet able to read. I read the card that was to go first. Then, they found the correct card and glued it on their mat. We continued this way until all six cards were glued. I then had them re-tell the story to me using the story sequencing mat. If your students are able to read, they could complete this more independently.
- I send my review sheets home for parents to review the lesson, but the review sheet included could be used in class as well.
Table of Contents
Vocabulary Words (2)
Story Sequencing Mat
Story Cards (6)