Based on the French 7 Familles game, this version consisting of 36 cards reviews vocabulary for places in town and encourages students to speak in French. The deck contains 6 city groups of 6 cards each with different places in each group. The cities are Avignon, Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Lille and Nantes. My students really loved the competitive side of this game!
The zip file includes black and white and color versions of the game, a vocabulary reference sheet, and a rule sheet.
Goal: To collect as many city groups as possible!
1. Distribute 5 cards to each player. The rest of the pile is the draw pile.
2. The first player starts by asking another player if they have a place that they are looking for. The player can only ask for cards that are part of cities that they already have in their hand.
example: “(Est-ce que) tu as le pont d’Avignon?”
3. If the player has the card, they must give it to Player 1. If the player does not have the card, they will say “Pioche!” and the first player draws a card. If there are no more cards in the draw pile, the game continues without drawing cards.
4. When a player gets all six cards for a city, they announce it to the group and lay it down for everyone to see.
5. The player with the most city groups at the end of the game wins.
- To speed up the game, deal out all of the cards at the beginning.
- Students may ask for ANY card from a city or ALL the cards from a city that they have.
example: “Est-ce que tu as un endroit de la ville de Marseille?”
Vocabulaire du jeu:
l’arrêt de bus
l’Hôtel de Ville
le musée d’art
le palais de justice
le salon de coiffure
la station de service
la Tour Eiffel
If you like 7 familles, check out my other versions:
Jeu de 7 familles: la salle de classe / French School Supplies Go Fish Card Game!
7 Familles: La famille! A Game to Review French Family Vocabulary!
If you're looking for another activity to review Places in Town, check out my other activities:
Places in Town #1
Places in Town #2
Places in Town #3
Trouve-le: La Ville! A Spot the Match Game for French Places in Town Vocabulary
FREE Places in Town Virtual Visit/Webquest
Qui est-ce? / Guess Who: A Speaking and Writing Activity to Review Places in Town Vocabulary
The Places in Town products are available for 15% off in a bundle here
Copyright Madame's Materials 2017
This game features AWESOME clipart from Poppydreamz Digital Art
and Educatifs.net! :)
Keywords: places in town, French, France, immersion, endroits en ville, jeu de cartes