Based on the French 7 Familles game, this version consisting of 42 cards reviews vocabulary for different family members and encourages students to speak in French. The deck contains 7 different families of 6 cards each with different family members in each family to provide a wide variety of vocabulary practice. My students really loved the competitive side of this game!
The zip file includes black and white two-sided cards with cut lines and a sheet with rules and useful vocabulary to stay in the target language and play the game. The sheet is sized so that it can be cut out and fit into a sandwich bag with the rest of the cards for easy storage.
Goal: To collect as many complete family groups as possible!
1. Distribute 6 cards to each player. The rest of the pile is the draw pile.
2. The first player starts by asking another player if they have a place that they are looking for. The player can only ask for cards that are part of cities that they already have in their hand.
example: “(Est-ce que) tu as le père de la famille Vincent?”
3. If the player has the card, they must give it to Player 1. If the player does not have the card, they will say “Pioche!” and the first player draws a card. If there are no more cards in the draw pile, the game continues without drawing cards.
4. When a player gets all six cards for a family, they announce it to the group and lay it down for everyone to see.
5. The player with the most complete family groups at the end of the game wins.
- To speed up the game, deal out all of the cards at the beginning.
- Students may ask for ANY card from a family or ALL the cards from a family that they have.
example: “Est-ce que tu as un membre de la famille Moreau?”
Vocabulaire du jeu:
la fille aînée
la soeur cadette
le frère aînée
les parents divorcés
This game features adorable stick-figure clip art from Pink Pueblo
Keywords: family, famille, family member review, French, France, immersion, card game, vocabulaire, jeu de cartes