Based on the French 7 Familles game, this version consisting of 36 cards reviews vocabulary for places in town and encourages students to speak in Spanish. The deck contains 6 city groups of 6 cards each with different places in each group. The cities are Ciudad de México, Bogotá, Lima, Buenos Aires, Madrid and Barcelona. My students really loved the competitive side of this game!
The zip file includes black and white and color versions of the game, a vocabulary reference sheet, and a rule sheet.
Goal: To collect as many city groups as possible!
1. Distribute 5 cards to each player. The rest of the pile is the draw pile.
2. The first player starts by asking another player if they have a place that they are looking for. The player can only ask for cards that are part of cities that they already have in their hand.
3. If the player has the card, they must give it to Player 1. If the player does not have the card, they will say “Draw!” and the first player draws a card. If there are no more cards in the draw pile, the game continues without drawing cards.
4. When a player gets all six cards for a city, they announce it to the group and lay it down for everyone to see.
5. The player with the most city groups at the end of the game wins.
- To speed up the game, deal out all of the cards at the beginning.
- Students may ask for ANY card from a city or ALL the cards from a city that they have.
el centro de compras
el depósito de gasolina
el estación de autobus
la estación de tren
el palacio de justicia
el puesto de bomberos
This game features AWESOME clipart from Poppydreamz Digital Art
and Educatifs.net! :)
Keywords: places in town, Spanish, immersion, partes de la ciudad, lugares, edificios, jeugo de cartas, español, espanol