Need a thorough unit on the Civil War that will impress any observer and give you a break from hours of preparation at home? This jigsaw plan will do the trick! I am excited to provide this cooperative learning and student collaboration plan to you. Once you try it, you will want to make it a regular part of your instruction!
This bundle contains everything you need for a student-focused unit on the Civil War.
* An easy-to-follow jigsaw plan addressing a compelling question that challenges students to think in broad terms.
* Learning targets and correlations to common core ELA Literacy Standards, National C3 Framework, and Georgia U.S. History Performance Standards.
* Suggestions for differentiation of instruction and the incorporation of available technology.
* A camera-ready Student Task Page with information the student can reference.
* An Excel spreadsheet that you can modify for your assessment and documentation of student work.
* A Peer Evaluation Form, also in Excel format.
* A ready-to-use Summative Assessment with both selected response and extended response questions
--Includes an answer key and
--An extended response grading rubric.
I highly recommend this plan to you. I have used the plan for high school classes, but it can easily be employed in middle school classrooms as well.
Please let me know how it works for you and if you see any areas for expansion or improvement of this product. Thank you for buying my products! Happy teaching!