This graphic organizer is used as a jigsaw activity in order for students to identify similarities and differences between two texts (features, content, structures).
Directions for Jigsaw activity:
1. In their assigned seats, have students count off by 7 (or less depending on how many literary elements you want to tackle at one time).
2. Each # is assigned an element: 1. characters, 2. conflict, 3. setting - have students get into their groups.
3. Using the Venn Diagram side of the graphic organizer, have them identify similarities of the two text (only similarities applicable to their literary element)
3. Review information with each group before moving on
4. Using the similarities, which will be broad, have them expand on those ideas which will lead them to differences. Make sure they use textual evidence to support differences.
5. Group them so that there is 1 person from each literary element group
6. Students will then "teach" their information to their group, students who are not teaching will be taking notes
7. Use graphic organizer to write a compare/contrast analytic paragraph