- Your students will love learning about the America from 1950 - 1975 with these engaging, no prep reading activities! These are perfect for adding literacy to your social studies curriculum because they're academically-aligned for ELA and for social studies. Plus, they're so easy to use that you can$6.40$8.00Save $1.60
- These no-prep activities are perfect for adding literacy to your social studies curriculum because they're academically-aligned for ELA and for social studies. Take advantage of this deal, and you can have reading activities for the ENTIRE YEAR of your 5th grade Social Studies class! Currently Inclu$58.20$72.75Save $14.55
- Product Description
Your students will love learning about the Jim Crow Laws with this engaging, no prep reading activity! This is perfect for adding literacy to your social studies curriculum because it’s academically-aligned for ELA and for social studies. Plus, it’s so easy to use that you can even leave it for sub plans!
PRINTABLE & DIGITAL VERSIONS INCLUDED!
This resource includes four activity pages and their answer keys. The passage is written at a 5th grade reading level, is accompanied with close reading strategies, and is aligned with Common Core ELA standards. The first read includes annotating the text for main idea/supporting details and vocabulary and main idea graphic organizers (RI.5.2). The second read includes vocabulary in context practice (RI.5.4). The third read includes summarize (RI.5.1) and analyze (RI.5.1, W.5.2) the text.
The objectives of this activity are for students to be able to analyze the effects of Jim Crow laws and practices, quote accurately from a text when explaining what a text says explicitly, determine the main idea, summarize the text, determine the meaning of general academic words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic area, and write informative text to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
This objective and resources aligns with Georgia Standards of Excellence and Common Core ELA, but can supplement many state standards.
• Passage (leveled for 5th grade) over the the effects of Jim Crow laws
• Close Reading Pages (x3)
- First Read: Annotate and Determine Main Idea (RI.5.2)
- Second Read: Vocabulary in Context (RI.5.4)
- Third Read: Summarize (RI.5.1) and Analyze (RI.5.2, W.5.2)
- Answer Keys included for all pages
• Digital Version of all of the above in Google Slides™️
Save over 30% by purchasing this in a BUNDLE!
You Might Also Be Interested In:
Don't forget to leave feedback! I love hearing it, plus you will earn TpT credits towards a FREE product!
Be sure to FOLLOW ME on TpT so you can receive notifications of my brand new resources! You don't want to miss out!