Jim Crow Laws, Civil Rights Movement, Photo, Visual-Spatial Learners.
This Jim Crow Laws Project is an excellent way to teach a few examples of the Jim Crow Laws. Students read primary source quotes of the actual Jim Crow Laws that were instituted in many states. This is a VERY VISUAL activity that allows students to draw what the Jim Crow Laws were, and describe how it impacted African Americans.
In this project students investigate:
As a final assessment for the project, students write about the impact the laws had on African Americans. I hope you LOVE this project, it is an ENGAGING way to teach the Jim Crow Laws!
Get the whole INTERACTIVE and ENGAGING Civil Rights Unit HERE, and SAVE big money!
Individual Products from this unit include:
1. Civil Rights 30 DBQ Bellringers Warm Ups Mega-Pack
2. Civil Rights Movement - Journey Through Life Notes - SUPER ENGAGING INTERACTIVE NOTES!
3. Jim Crow Laws Photo Assessment
4. Montgomery Bus Boycott & Rosa Parks Skit and Option Project
5. Civil Rights Leaders and Activists Notes - VERY ENGAGING POWERPOINT with COOPERATIVE LEARNING!
6. Martin Luther King, Jr. "I Have a Dream" Visual Expression Project
7. Loving Movie Worksheet
8. FUN Stations Activity where students analyze 10 Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes!
9. 1965 Alabama Voting Simulation - "Would you be able to vote?" - 1st person POINT OF VIEW learning!
10. Voting Rights Act of 1965 Reading Activity
11. Civil Rights Movement Comic Strip Project
12. 40 HIGHLY VISUAL Civil Rights Task Cards with a Cooperative Learning Option!
13. Civil Rights Movement FUN Review Games! - includes THE WALL Card Game based on the TV Show, Four Corners of Fun, and The Bids!
14. Civil Rights Movement Unit Test with Study Guide - Relevant, Real-World Assessment
15. Civil Rights Movement 5 Highly Visual DBQ Primary Sources
I hope that you enjoy these activities! Please remember to follow Playing With History on Teachers Pay Teachers, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for giveaways and news on new products and updates! Please rate for your TpT credits!