Combine student analysis of primary source pictures with reading of secondary source informational text to introduce students to Post Slavery America. GREAT PAIRED WITH A NOVEL! This is an interactive way to allow students to explore history.
-Common Core Alignment
-22 primary source pictures with quote bubbles and a vocabulary word bank
-"Jim Crow and Reconstruction Era" Informational Text that answers the questions:
1. What did the Dred Scott decision do?
2. What amendments were important to post-slavery America?
3. What was America's Reconstruction?
4. Why was the Freedman's Bureau so important?
5. How did Reconstruction end?
Want more items that blend literacy and history? CHECK OUT:
The Great Depression Primary Source Thought Bubbles
History and Poetry BUNDLE
WANT THE WHOLE BUNDLE?
Primary Source Thought Bubbles