Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Job interviews can be intimidating if you do not know what to expect. Help to take some of the mystery out of the experience and prepare your students with a lesson on the Dos and Don'ts for the interview.
This 14-slide PowerPoint presentation focuses on Job Interview Dos and Don'ts. This PowerPoint is a complete lesson in itself but would be great to customize to fit the needs of your individual class. I aimed to present the information in an organized and visually-appealing manner.
The Powerpoint features slides of bullet points for Dos and Don'ts for the following categories:
3) Body Language
5) Ending the Interview
There are also examples to complement the lesson and help the learning be more salient for your students.
- I taught this lesson to my life skills course for adults with Autism
- The lesson lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on how much discussion you integrate into the activity
- I enjoy teaching by having a PowerPoint of key points as a general outline for the class and then integrating discussion as a part of the activity (as opposed to reading verbatim from slides)
- I also integrate humor into lessons (e.g., "Would you wear pajama pants to a job interview?")
- At the end of the lesson, we divided into teams and acted out "Dos and Don'ts"
- We had the groups guess which Do or Don't the other group was acting out and then discussed if we would hire the applicant for a job
- I printed out the slides for Dos and Don'ts for students to use as reference when they pursue jobs in the future
All photographs and clip-art featured in this PowerPoint are Creative Commons.