Many teenagers will start applying for their first job and entering into the work force. Searching for a job can be a little scary and intimidating at the same time. The activities and lesson plans in this Job Skills packet are designed to help your students with these tasks.
- How to Get Started
- Interest Inventory
- Job Search Tips
- Social Media
- Job Application Tips
- Application Process
- Resume Tips
- Preparing for the Job Interview
- First Impressions
- Dressing for the Job Interview
- Interview Tips
- Common Interview Questions
- You’re Hired-Tips for the Job
- Future Goals
- Write about personal interests, hobbies, soft job skills, and hard job skills.
- Find jobs and then write down the contact information.
- Practice filling out a two-page sample job application.
- Practice completing a document that includes all of your personal data and job experiences.
- Read a sample resume. Practice writing your personal resume and then type it.
- Write down your strengths, weaknesses, and facts about yourself.
- Write down your future goals and plans. What will you do with the money that you earn from your job?
- Includes an Interactive Table of Contents
- All lesson plans and activities have a hyperlink (highlighted in blue)
- Click on the link to go to that page within the .pdf document
- 35 Questions (Total of 5 pages)
- 20 Multiple Choice (three answer choices)
- 8 True and False
- 7 Short Answer
- Answer Key Included
The Job Skills tips and strategies are written in a magazine format. This style is easier to read, more appealing to your students, and encourages them to learn about developing job skills.
These activities can be used in the classroom or small group setting. Tips: laminate the lesson plans for durable use and have small group discussions. Then complete the activities and have your students share their answers with the class.
✿ Follow me on Pinterest or check out The Artsy SLP Blog for tips and ideas.✿
Please take a minute of your time to leave feedback after purchasing this product and using it in your classroom. You earn one TPT credit for every dollar you spend that can be applied toward future TpT purchases. If you have a question regarding this product; please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org before rating so that I may better serve you.
You may also enjoy these Teen Social Skills Activities:
Nonverbal Language Skills for Teens
Feelings and Emotions for Teens
Nonverbal Language Skills for Teens Part 2
Feelings and Emotions Flashcards
Teen Cell Phone Social Skills
Bundle and Save! Social Skills for Teens Bundle
You may also enjoy these Social Skills activities:
Feelings and Emotions Activity Packet
Detective Strategies for Social Skills
Problem Solving Scenarios
Feelings and Emotions Part 2
Physical Emotions Activity Packet
Bundle and Save! Feelings, Emotions, and Social Skills Bundle