This resource has 51 slides taking learners through 7 activities that develop vocabulary and grammar for describing their skills and qualities. It focuses on adjectives, action verbs and complex sentences. It also looks at how to read a job advertisement.
• References to a glossary
• Listing adjectives
• Categorising different sets of skills
• Prompts for learners to think about their own skills and qualities
• Guided interactive reading of complex sentences
• Explanations of complex sentences and conjunctions
• Practice quizzes with matching, sequencing and fill-in-the-blank questions
• Reading a description of an office worker
• Identifying skills and qualities in a job advertisement
ABOUT THE QUIZ
This quiz was created using Adobe Captivate. There are three file choices: as an .htm file, an Adobe Acrobat Document or as a Shockwave File Object. I recommend using the .htm file. It can be viewed in Google Chrome, IE or Firefox. If you use the other files then you need the latest and up to date Adobe Acrobat Reader and Flash Player to view the interactive quiz. If you choose the latter files then it is possible to view it with a swiff player. General features of the quiz are:
• Choices are automatically marked
• Overall results are displayed at the end
• Responses can be reviewed at the end.
• 1 point allocated for each correct answer
• 80% or more of total points is a total pass
• answers reviewed at end.
The quiz can be displayed for a whole class activity or it could be uploaded online for individual student use. It is also possible to print the text and questions.
Jobs Vocabulary Interactive Quiz 1
Visit my blog englishinsider