Includes both print and Google classroom versions.70+ pages! Jumpstart your Job/Career unit!
This workbook is designed to help students understand the difference between a "job" and a "career." It also discusses two important foundations of job hunting: the importance of networking and maintaining a positive digital footprint.
“Introduction to Jobs and Careers” is part of a Career Readiness series. It is designed to help students develop a vision, and the next unit -- “The Ultimate Job Application Workbook”
-- helps them with the first action step in that vision: preparing to apply for their first job.
Included in "Introduction to Jobs and Careers":
- 20+ Journal writes on Career topics (e.g. "What jobs are considered to be "good" jobs? Why?" "When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?")
- Career Scattergories: an icebreaker activity
- Full page of content! Lecture notes on Jobs vs. Careers (lecture and write, students write along with you)
- Jobs vs. Careers: A comparative example
- Jobs vs. Careers: A side-by-side comparison
- Jobs and Careers Vocabulary and Vocabulary Graphic Organizer
- "Retirement Speech" Assignment
- "My Career Starting Points" - thought-provoking questions to help students craft a vision of their career goals.
- Career Goal-setting Worksheets
- Career Research Project + Rubric
- Career Interview Project
- Full page of Lecture Notes on Networking
- "My Network" web handout - asks students to think about their network right now.
- Networking Scavenger Hunt - an icebreaker activity
- Full page of lecture notes on Digital Footprints
- "Google yourself!" Activity
- Jobs and Careers Word Search
- Jobs and Careers Study Guide
- Jobs and Career Test + Answer Key
- Teacher Key, Teacher Tips and Extension Activities
- BONUS: Career Guest Speaker Prep and Questions (also sold separately here
****THE NEXT UNIT IN THIS SERIES****
The Ultimate Job Application Workbook
"What I Wish I Learned in School"
If you like job readiness curriculum, you might also like:
- The Complete Job Ready Bundle
- Job Ready: Agree/Disagree Activity
- Networking Exercise (FREEBIE!)
- Jobs and Careers Word Search (FREEBIE!)
- How to Read a Job Ad
- Good or Bad Reasons for Leaving a Job
- Career Guest Speaker Prep and Questions
- The Ultimate Job Application Workbook
- Practice Job Application
- Job Application Word Search
- Think Like a Boss: Job Application Critique Activity
- Resume Pre-write
- Cover Letter Mini-Unit
- The Ultimate Job Interview Workbook (Bundle)
- "What are 3 words to describe yourself?" Job Interview Question Guide (FREEBIE!)
- Surprising and Unique Job Interview Questions
- What is an I-9? (FREEBIE!)
- What is a W-4? (FREEBIE!)