In these posters there are 6 different jobs for the class with the job description and a place for the teacher to add the name of the student that will occupy the job. I use velcro and rotate the students in my class every week so each will get to have a job at least for one week every other week.
- Time-keeper: updates the class schedule during the day. Best for students who need to be reminded of the schedule, new students, those who you wish to get more involved and engaged throughout the day.
- Transporter: takes the lunch count into the cafeteria, takes the lunch bin to the cafeteria. Best for students who need to build their independence, self-reliance, and confidence.
- Reporter: reports the weather, months of the year. Best for new students who need to work on expressive vocabulary, who would do best being in the spotlight for a short time.
- Line leader: leads the class to lunch, models best line-walking. Best for students who you wish to build their confidence, self reliance, and self esteem.
- Caboose: the last one in line, helps make sure the students are all going to the correct direction, the lights helper- turns the light off and on. Best for students who typically run a head and you want to teach them patience, or for the slow students.
- Pacemaker: helps other students solve problems. Best for a students who knows the rules and expectations, who wants to help.