This John Cabot pack has everything you need to actively engage your learners! I've included several different types of activities, so you have plenty of options! The following activities are included:
- John Cabot reading passage with questions and key
- John Cabot organizer
- complete fortune teller ( Kids LOVE this!)
- blank fortune teller
- All about John Cabot
- Map it out
- John Cabot timeline
- 12 task cards
- extended writing response ( narrative/point of view)
- Ice Patrol informational reading passage
- Writing response that goes with the International Ice Patrol- students can either write about the Ice Patrol, or make a green screen video pretending they're members of the Ice Patrol.
- Iceberg STEM challenge: Students must save a sea animal trapped in ice before the ice melts. You can use toy sea animals, or just print and laminate a sea animal.
Materials needed: frozen ice, bucket, clay, straws, paper, and glue.
- STEM Research/brainstorming sheet
- John Cabot menu project options with rubric.
Please send me a message if you have any questions. I plan on adding activity packs for all of the explorers within the next few weeks. :)