Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The article features a brief biography of the most important figure in the second generation of the Reformation - John Calvin. It covers: The Institutes of the Christian Religion, predestination, theocracy, and Calvin's positions on grace, faith, and the Bible - (Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Sola Scriptura). Activities and Assessment are included.
- 2-Page Illustrated Article
- Multiple Choice / Document Based Question Assessment + Answer Key
- DBQ Scoring Rubric (allows students to easily score each other's short answers)
- 2 Graphic Organizers: "Four Takeaways" "Luther / Calvin"
- Scaffolded Review + Answer Key
- Crossword + Crossword Key
- Reflective Writing Activity: "3-2-1"
- "Support from Text" Guide
- Map: "Reformation Europe"
- No Prep - Just Print and Go
California State History Social-Science Content Standard Addressed: 7.9.2
Store: The Medieval World and Early Modern Times