Learn about Astronaut John Glenn's historic flight to become the first American to Orbit the Earth. Years later, he would also become the oldest American to go on the Space Shuttle! This biographical web quest also contains several questions about the early days of space exploration. There are several extension activities and the key.
Other resources you may find of interest:
1. Exploring the Ocean Blue: A Web quest, will introduce students to our oceans. There are nine informative web questions. Fun Facts, comprehension questions,extension activities and links are also provided as is the key. Can be used as part of a unit on oceans, for Earth Day, World Ocean Day or as an activity for a Friday, before a vacation break or as an end of the year activity. This can be a one day class resource or used for a couple of days depending on whether the activities(creative writing/art work/online simulation games, etc.) are used with the students. Exploring the Ocean Blue!
2. Check out my web quest on The Blue Planet: NOT JUST FOR EARTH DAY.Learn about the history of Earth Day and, our planet, EARTH, with informative web quest. There are 14 web questions as well as comprehension questions and a Did You Know? fun fact section. The teacher page includes extension activities, the key, and additional links: The Blue Planet: A Webquest(Great for Earth Day)
3. Learn about Jacques Cousteau with this Reader's Theater Script: Oceanographer, photographer,filmmaker, scientist, writer, inventor, Cousteau spent his life studying the oceans and the marine life that lived in the oceans. His books and films on his studies sparked much interest in our oceans and created an awareness about the need for marine conservation. Part of my Ms. Bie Ografee Talk Show Series where Jacques Cousteau is a guest on her talk show and answers questions of her studio audience. There are 10 audience questioners, a Did You Know? section, comprehension questions, a teacher section with extension activities, links and the key.Jacques Cousteau: A Reader's Theater Script
4. Learn about the history of space with this informative web quest.
There are 12 web questions, comprehension questions and extension activities.Space: The Final Frontier(A Webquest
5. Part of my Ms. Bie Ografee Talk Show Series, Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins are guests of Ms. Bie Ografee and her studio audience ask the guests questions about their historic trip to the moon. In addition to the play, with 10 audience questioners, there are Did You Know Fun Facts, comprehension questions, a teacher page with extension activities and the key to the comprehension questions.
Please consider following me by clicking the green star in the upper right hand corner by my photograph. :-)