John Glenn was the first American astronaut to orbit the Earth. Today at the age of 94 years old, John Glenn's life is a testament to working hard and achieving many dreams in your lifetime. John Glenn served in WWII and received many accolades for his work as a fighter pilot. After the war he became interested in the NASA space program and competed in the infamous Space Race. John's achievements didn't end there. He ran for Governor of Ohio and served four consecutive terms. In 1998, John returned to space at the age of 70 years old proving that older just means stronger and wiser. In 2012 President Obama honored him with the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his meritorious contributions to the interests of the United States. This science unit includes a lesson and culminating multiple intelligence activities that your children will enjoy as they learn about the life of an astronaut and the road to success.
Included in the package:
- John Glenn Informational Text
- Prezi Lesson
- Written Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Integrating Multiple Sources
C. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- 3 Videos (John Glenn Interview, John Glenn Mini-Bio, and the Space Race)
- 1 Vocabulary Graphic Organizer
- 1 Vocabulary Practice sheet
- 1 Graphic Organizer (Integrating Information)
- Text-Based Questions. Answer key included.
- 9 Multiple Intelligence Activities including a Bible Companion Lesson
46 Pages + 29 Slides
Go to Laura Randazzo’s TpT store and download her FREE step by step guide to open a Prezi.