actbook pages are the perfect way for your students to learn about important people from our History!!!
I created Factbook pages last year while teaching 5th grade Social Studies, and my kids absolutely LOVED filling them out. When we used these consistently, we were able to increase state test scores in 5th grade Social Studies by over 60%.
We used them in several ways in my classroom including:
1. Work as a whole group and fill out information as a class using your document camera or smart board.
2. Group your students. Give one Factbook page per group and have them collaboratively fill out. Each group can have the same Factbook person, or you can give each group their own person. Groups may present their Factbook pages to the class.
3. Teacher can fill out Factbook page, make class copies, and give to students as a visual aid to supplement the lesson. Factbooks can also be filled out by teacher and given to students as study guide/review resource.
4. Pair students up and assign one Factbook person per partner group. Partners may present their Factbook pages to the class to teach about their assigned person. You may also give each partner group the same Factbook person and then compare the different wall posts as a whole group.
5. Split students up into groups or pairs (depending on your classroom dynamic). Give each group a different Factbook person. After the groups are finished, have them travel around the room or get in front of the class to present their specific Factbook person. While one group is sharing, the rest of the class should be filling out their corresponding Factbook pages. If done correctly, each student should have a stack of completed Factbook pages by the end.
[example: Students are learning about Thomas Jefferson, Paul Revere, Benjamin Franklin, and Abigail Adams. Separate students into 4 groups. Each group is given one specific person. After they are finished filling out their specific Factbook pages, give them the rest of the Factbook pages to fill out as they watch each group present. If the Thomas Jefferson group is sharing their Factbook page using the document camera, the rest of the class is copying the information presented onto their empty Thomas Jefferson Factbook template. Next, Abigail Adams group presents using the document camera and the rest of the class copies down the information onto their empty Abigail Adams Factbook template. Etc… by the end of class, each child should have completed all four Factbook pages- 3 copied using the document camera, and one created with their group.]
THIS PAGE IS OVER JOHN HANCOCK
***take a look at my American Revolution Super Bundle to get 17 people from the American Revolution Factbook pages at a discounted price!!!***