Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.88 MB | 58 pages
From Electric English...
This is a comprehensive packet for John Steinbeck and his short stories, "The Chrysanthemums" and "The Leader of the People". You might notice as you peruse my store that each of these items is listed individually, as well as, bundled. For example, the rubric for an essay is listed separate from the essay itself.... This is not because I am greedy or want to squeeze one more dollar out of you. Had I included the rubric with the essay, I would have listed the price at a dollar higher anyway.
No, I list everything separate because as a teacher, I know, that sometimes you want some material but do not want other material. And, you should not have to pay for items you do not need. To continue with my previous example, you might just want to do the rubric yourself and save the money.... I completely understand the need to save money; what teacher doesn't :) But if you do want it all...
This packet contains about three weeks of work, give or take a day. I have, intentionally, not included lesson plans with these packets because I feel, at times, they can be stifling.... The idea here is; you can pick and choose whatever material you want; in whatever order you want (depending on the time you have); instead of, constantly feeling like you must adhere to a certain schedule. Plus, this way, you have many resources at your disposal and can mix and match from year to year depending on your mood. This packet contains the following:
- Biography: Research
- Biography: Video (A and E Biography) 2-column Notes
- Biography: Video (A and E Biography) Questions
- Biography: Video (A and E Biography) Questions Key
- Essential Journal Questions Powerpoint (These accompany the information the students will learn about his life and his work.)
- The Chrysanthemums: Full Text
- The Chrysanthemums: Analysis Questions
- The Chrysanthemums: Diction (LEAD) Activity
- The Chrysanthemums: Syntax/Style Activity
- The Chrysanthemums: SOAPSTone Activity
- The Chrysanthemums: DIDLS Activity
- The Leader of the People: Full Text
- The Leader of the People: Questions
- The Leader of the People: Questions Key
- The Leader of the People: Western Mythmakers Activity
- Informational Text: "The Big Bloom"
- Informational Text: "Hero Teens Save Life of Five Year Old..."
- Song: "Hey You" by Pink Floyd
- Song: "Man in Black" by Johnny Cash
Please contact me with any questions or observations you might have :)