Celebrate Johnny Appleseed
this fall using these NO PREP printables!
This unit includes a reading, vocabulary exercises, sequence strip story and more.
1. Biography: A two page reading on the true life story of John Chapman better known as Johnny Appleseed.
2. Vocabulary Exercises (3 pages):
-Fill In the Blanks
-Correct the Sentences.
These vocabulary exercises include words like pioneers, legend, survive, settlers, orchard, unusual, provide, sustain, expansion etc.
3. Sequence Strip Story: Students will cut apart the strips, put them in order and then paste them on a separate piece of paper. This may be challenging for some students. At first I let my students struggle for a few minutes and then I tell them that they can use the reading to help them. It is also beneficial to have them work together in pairs for this activity. The more advanced students can help the ones that need more help.
4. Apples “Fact or Opinion”: Students will read the 12 statements about apples. They will write F if the statement if a fact. They will write O if the statement is an opinion.
5. Making Information Questions: WH Question Words
Students will make information questions using the WH Question Words (who, what, what kind of, where, when, why, how, how many etc.) Students will first read the answer to the question. The underlined word in the sentence will indicate which WH question word the students will need to use to write the correct question.
Johnny Appleseed is a famous American folk hero.
Students need to write the question “Who is Johnny Appleseed?”
5. Scrambled Words: Students will unscramble the words from the story.
9. Johnny Appleseed Word Art
This worksheet can be used to review vocabulary words related to Johnny Appleseed. Students should be encouraged to color and decorate the vocabulary words. You could also encourage students to create their own word art projects using vocabulary from this unit.
When students have finished this word art worksheet, it can be easily displayed to make a beautiful bulletin board to celebrate Johnny Appleseed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
The Story of Thanksgiving
The True Story of Santa Claus: St. Nicolas
Martin Luther King Jr.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺