This pack includes 5 phonics/word work activities centered around a Johnny Appleseed and autumn theme. These activities can be done in small groups or literacy stations.
1. Short vowel/long vowel sort: Includes 2 sorting mats and 20 apple picture cutouts. Sort pictures into long and short vowel sounds.
2. Spelling CVC word: Includes 10 apple picture cutouts of CVC words and 30 apple letter cutouts (in color and b/w). There is also a recording sheet. Use the letters to spell the CVC words and record the answers.
3. Syllable sort: Includes 20 picture cards, 4 syllable cards, and 2 recording sheets. Sort pictures based on syllables. Choose between 2 different recording sheets (up to 3 syllables or up to 4 syllables).
4. Letter/sound matching: Includes 26 upper-case, 26 lower-case, and 26 beginning sounds apple cutouts (in color and b/w). Match the upper- and lower-case letter to the picture that begins with that letter.
5. Handwriting practice: Includes a worksheet with 26 apples. Write 1 letter in each apple (you can choose to write upper- or lower-case letters or print 2 copies to practice both). Traceable worksheets are also included for both upper- and lower-case letters. This could also be used as a stamping activity.
There are extra copies of the cutouts included in case you need them.
Thanks so much for checking out my product. I hope it helps you!