You can use these readings and printables for literacy or ELA centers, class work or homework during the month of September. They can also be used for warm ups, body of the lesson or closing up.
This set includes:
1. Who was John Chapman?
2. Quick facts about John Chapman.
3. Johnny Appleseed poem.
1. Read about Johnny Appleseed and complete.
2. Color the letters that make the word: APPLESEED
3. Johnny Appleseed song (sung to “Do you know the Muffin man?”)
4. Write facts about Johnny Appleseed ( a chart to complete with: is- has- could and other facts).
5. Write facts about Johnny Appleseed (a sheet with lines).
6. Venn diagram: compare and contrast Johnny Appleseed with any other folk character.
7. Order words related to Johnny Appleseed alphabetically.
8. Opinion writing sheet: (John Chapman was a great protector of animals so he decided to be a vegetarian person. What do you think? State your opinion).
9. Johnny Appleseed puzzle.
10. Johnny Appleseed flip flap mini book to write about his life times as early child, young boy, career and adult.
11. Label the parts of the body.
12. Cut and paste letters to form the phrase: I love Johnny Appleseed!