Also included in
- Here's a complete library of articulation games, activities and crafts to engage your students! These bestsellers for articulation target all phonemes in every position with lots and lots of vocalic R too! Perfect for new clinicians, clinicians moving to a school aged caseload, speech departments an$84.80$106.00Save $21.20
Kids love jokes of all kinds! By bringing joke books into your room, you’ll be able to target your goals while keeping motivation high. And they’ll practice! Watch and see which joke goes viral in your classroom!
The bulk of these jokes have been sorted by articulation target. This means that each joke will contain at least one instance of the target sound in the correct position, but will not appear in another position. So, a joke targeting final “ear” will not have another variation of /r/ in any position, like:
“What do you call a deer with one eye?”
All jokes are great for working on inference skills since it takes sophisticated understanding of language to understand the humor in many of the puns or situations. By helping students with these language “surprises” you’ll be able to address their language and pragmatic skills since shared humor is a common basis for friendship. For these kiddos, you can use any of the jokes in the book. Note that the jokes sorted by sound can often double as spelling/reading rule practice.
There are also six sets of seasonal jokes: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, winter, Valentine’s Day, and warm weather.
Contains nearly 300 different jokes!
Following the jokes, are twenty mini book templates. To use, print a book back and the matching book pages. During your lesson, have students choose their top three jokes to assemble into a home practice book. There is space on the mini book to write either the theme name or articulation target (which will serve as a reminder which phoneme to focus on!) Stack the jokes, separated with the coordinating theme sheets (which helps language/pragmatically impaired kiddos “time” their jokes more appropriately) and staple to the bottom of the book back. Includes one generic and one blank template for middle/high school students.
Jokes so fun, you KNOW they’ll practice!
***This activity requires a silly sense of humor!***
Contains the following:
• L (12 initial, 9 medial, 12 final, 6 carry-over)
• CH (9 initial, 9 final)
• SH (9 initial, 9 final)
• J (9 initial, 6 final)
• TH/THR (9 initial, 9 final)
• S (12 initial, 9 medial, 12 final, 6 carry-over)
• R (12 initial, 6 for each medial AIR, EAR, OR, IRE, ER, AR, 6 for each final AIR, EAR, OR, IRE, ER, AR, 9 carry-over)
• Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter, Valentine’s Day, Warm Weather themes (9 jokes each)
• Halloween (15 jokes)
Book templates contain 18 different themes, plus one generic and one blank for a total of 20.
Feedback and follows are always appreciated!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.