It's a Jon Klassen Hat Trick!
This bundle includes THREE lesson plans featuring Jon Klassen's hat books...
- I Want My Hat Back
- This is Not My Hat
- We Found a Hat
Each of the three lesson plan focuses on Standard RL 7: Constructing Meaning from text and illustrations
- I Want My Hat Back: Students will be able to describe characters and events using the words and illustrations in I Want My Hat Back.
- This is Not My Hat: Students will be able to describe characters and events using the words and illustrations in This is Not My Hat.
- We Found a Hat: Students will be able to describe characters and events using the words and illustrations in We Found a Hat.
Included in all three lesson plans:
- Teacher resource includes: lesson plan with stopping points, questions (and scaffolding questions for each), expected student responses, post-its to print questions and place in book for easy reference during the lesson
- There is also an anchor chart template with headers, expected answers, as well as a page of question stems for Standard 7 (to be used for this lesson and any book in the future).
- Large version of the objective, assessment, and questions to make visible for students
- Three assessment variations
- Several extensions covering multiple standards
**Be sure to check out the preview of each product for an in-depth look at everything included with the lesson plans!
Thank you for your interest...please let me know if you have any questions!