I created this activity to give students a choice, with a little mystery! Without looking at the journal entries first, students will create a secret code. I am always looking for fun ways to encourage students to write.
12 Journal Entries (examples)
- Write about your favorite ice cream flavor and describe an ice cream flavor you would invent.
- You receive a free plane ticket. Where would you go and why?
- Write about why you love your school and your classroom.
- The beach is calling! Have you ever been to the beach? Do you enjoy the warm weather and the seafood? Describe.
- A fancy lunch with one person from history! Select one person to invite and explain why you selected him or her.