This PowerPoint presentation is a collection of 3 writing prompts for language arts students, grades 5-9. These high-interest prompts will provide spontaneous practice for kids to sharpen their writing skills as they describe, explain, persuade, and narrate.
Bonus: Any or all of the 4 high-quality animations included in this package may be used in your own PowerPoint presentations. Just choose the ones you want to use and place them anywhere you wish!
This free version of Journal Jumpstarts Volume 5 is complete and fully-functioning. The full version
contains 20 writing prompts.
Rather than a simple listing of prompts, Journal Jumpstarts is a complete presentation designed to intrigue and to motivate students to exercise their writing skills--and in the process, to get that much-needed practice.
Each slide is titled and contains...
• a writing prompt.
• a looping, presentation-wide animation along the left side of the slide.
• a unique, featured, looping animation, selected to "illustrate" the prompt itself.
• a link back to the Table of Contents.
These Journal Jumpstarts encourage students to...
• explore their own thinking, preferences, and attitudes.
• make suppositions about how they would react in hypothetical situations.
• think about and analyze events in the past and the present.
• make predictions about events in the future.
In short, Journal Jumpstarts, Volume 5, provides an intriguing visual way to engage student interest and to invite them to embark upon a journey of self discovery, while honing their writing skills in the process.
Compatible with all versions of PowerPoint and Mac.
Journal Jumpstarts Volume 5, Free Version for Mac
by Chad Manis
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License