This PowerPoint presentation is a collection of 20 animated writing prompts for language arts students, grades 5-9. These high-interest prompts will provide spontaneous practice for kids to sharpen their writing skills as they describe, explain, persuade, and narrate.
Bonus: Any or all of the 21 high-quality animations included in this package may be used in your own PowerPoint presentations. Just choose the ones you want to use and place them anywhere you wish!
Rather than a simple listing of prompts, Journal Jumpstarts is a complete presentation designed to intrigue and to motivate students to exercise their writing skills--and in the process, to get that much-needed practice.
Each slide is titled and contains...
• a writing prompt.
• a looping, presentation-wide animation along the left side of the slide.
• a unique, featured, looping animation, selected to "illustrate" the prompt itself.
• a link back to the Table of Contents.
These Journal Jumpstarts encourage students to...
• explore their own thinking, preferences, and attitudes.
• make suppositions about how they would react in hypothetical situations.
• think about and analyze events in the past and the present.
• make predictions about events in the future.
In short, Journal Jumpstarts, Volume 5, provides an intriguing visual way to engage student interest and to invite them to embark upon a journey of self discovery, while honing their writing skills in the process.
Compatible with all versions of PowerPoint.
Journal Jumpstarts Volume 5, Full Version for Windows