Daily journal writing is very important for developing writers. I create a fun journal for my students to use, every month. I allow as much creativity as possible and always encourage inventive spelling, however, some of my students always need a visual. For that reason, I include a vocabulary page that can be incorporated into the journal. This is also helpful in giving my students ideas and motivation to write!
Both horizontal and vertical writing templates are included!
A cover and vocabulary page for each month:
- August- Beach words, school words
- September- School words, apple words
- October- Fall words, Halloween words, fire safety words
- November- Fall words, Thanksgiving words
- December- Christmas words, Hanukkah words
- January- Winter words
- February- Valentine's Day words, Presidents' Day words, dental health words
- March- St. Patrick's' Day words, weather words
- April- Spring words, Earth Day words, farm animals
- May- Garden words, bugs, Mother's Day
- June- Barbecue words, camping words, Father's Day words
- July- 4th of July words, pool words, sea animals
General cover pages
- My Kindergarten Writing Journal
- My First Grade Writing Journal
- My Second Grade Writing Journal
Seasonal cover pages
- One for each quarter
Journal writing pages
- Handwriting lines
- Single lines
Download the preview file to see what's included!
Find coordinating word cards in color to use in pocket charts or magnet boards here!