Get your French reading program ready with this French Reading Program Package. You’ll have everything you need to set up your French reading duotangs. It includes reading log sheets, a comprehensive two-sided reference page, and links to our website, which is full of links to great resources to support parents and students as they practice their French at home. We’ve included a copy of the example that we put in our duotangs that outline to parents our personal homework expectations, including a completed sample reading log. However, we’ve also included an EDITABLE version of the information page so you can adjust the expectations to fit your class. This package even includes a Word Bank of the 300 high frequency words from our words from our Mots frequents and our Mots de la semaine Word Wall Program for Grades 1 to 3. All of the words are listed alphabetically in the word bank so students have a personal word wall in their duotangs when they’re at home.
Follow these easy steps to get your home reading program setup:
1. You will need a duotang for each students and French books to send home. (not included) We label our duotangs as the Journal de lecture.
2. We like to staple the Journal de lecture – Information page inside the front cover of the duotang.
3. Print a double-sided copy of the Journal de lecture – Référence Sheet as the first page in the Journal de lecture. This two-sided reference sheet has all sorts of valuable information to help your students with their reading and reading responses at home.
4. Now it’s time to add the reading logs themselves. We recommend starting with four double-sided copies of the reading logs. Each double-sided page should last you for four weeks if students are doing their homework.
Both the reference pages and the reading log pages come with margins to allow room for the page to go in the duotang.
What does this package contain?
- Two-sided Reading Logs for students: includes room for recording book title, level, read alone/with support, parent signature/comments, and a writing area for a reading response.
- A two-sided Journal de lecture- Référence page that cover: Vowels & Phonemes, Consonant and Vowel Blends, Pronunciation & Decoding Tips, Reading Comprehension Strategies, Breakdown of Reading Log Website (link to our website with French reading resources for students and parents), Reading Response (sentence starters), Word Bank (300 high frequency words) .
- Journal de lecture Information Page (PDF version and editable Word version), which includes weekly homework expectations, and a sample completed reading log.
Great for Core French, Extended French, or French Immersion.
The files (PDF and Word Document [for editable file]) are contained in ZIP file. If you need help unzipping the file, please check out these step by step instructions: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Help/File-Types-26/What-is-a-ZIP-file
If you're looking for more ways to support your students, you may enjoy our Feuille de référence French Class Reference Sheet or ourFrench Game Vocabulary - On joue en français FREEBIE