Make teaching journalism and advising the school newspaper a breeze with this journalism curriculum! This journalism curriculum has everything you need to get your journalism students started on the right foot and working on a successful newspaper -whether you publish in print or digitally!
From learning basic journalism terminology to news writing to the inverted pyramid to AP Style writing, this curriculum has everything you need to get your student journalists writing and publishing high-quality news stories. This journalism curriculum works for both middle school journalism and high school journalism.
⭐️ INCLUDES 2020 AP STYLE GUIDE UPDATES ⭐️
This Journalism Curriculum Includes the Following:
- Intro to AP Writing Complete Unit
- Beat Reporting
- Feature Reporting Assignment
- Editable Journalism Documents
- End of Year Journalism Awards Documents
- Journalism Graphic Organizers
- The Anatomy of a Newspaper
- The Personal Profile - a journalism assignment
- The News Lead
- What makes a story newsworthy?
- NEWLY ADDED: digital journalism graphic organizers
- NEWLY ADDED: digital Anatomy of a Newspaper lesson
- NEWLY ADDED: digital AP Style writing unit
- NEWLY ADDED: digital anatomy of a newspaper
- NEWLY ADDED: digital persona profile unit
- NEWLY ADDED: digital Writing a Feature Story
- NEWLY ADDED: digital writing a news lead unit
Your students will love these journalism resources because they will help student journalists gain the confidence they need for exceptional reporting and writing.
⭐️ Includes digital files also! ⭐️
JOURNALISM ADVISERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Doreen T. says, "This helped me SO MUCH with the first journalism class I've ever taught. The powerpoints are amazing - very informative, thorough, and visually appealing. Not sure what I would have done without this resource! ."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Midwestern Miss says, "Omgoodness! As a teacher who hasn't taught journalism in 8 years, this saved me! I was able to print and go. The kids loved being able to create their own AP mini books and were laughing at each other's crafting abilities. Bringing some artistic time into the room before we start the yearbook!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Geneva W. says, "Thank you for this amazing resource! I am teaching a journalism class for the second time this year. Last year I bought a few of your lessons, but this year I splurged on the whole package, and I am so thankful that I did! It really has been an essential part of building my journalism class. Pretty much everything is taken care of for me, and I feel confident in presenting the materials even though journalism is not my strength."
* Make sure you click the "follow" button next to my picture so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. Doing so will help you earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.