Also included in
- Journalism teaching bundle: This introduction to journalism bundle will give you everything you need to get your journalism students started on the right foot! From news writing to the inverted pyramid, this bundle has it all!This bundle includes:- Four editable PowerPoint Presentations (The Anatomy$20.00$22.74Save $2.74
- Make teaching journalism and advising the school newspaper a breeze with this journalism curriculum! This journalism curriculum has everything you need to get your journalism students started on the right foot and working on a successful newspaper -whether you publish in print or digitally! From lea$45.00$66.49Save $21.49
Do your journalism students know what makes a story newsworthy? In this journalism lesson, your students will learn about the five news determinants and how to evaluate a potential news story for its newsworthiness.
This journalism teaching resource includes:
- editable, 30-slide PowerPoint presentation for direct instruction
- A detailed lesson guide
- Sketch notes page
- News story dissection assignment
- "Is My Story Newsworthy?" story organizer
- News determinants quiz
With this journalism lesson, students will gain confidence in their ability to identify newsworthy stories. Students can use the "Is My Story Newsworthy?" organizer again and again for each new journalism story they write.
Other Journalism Resources That Might Interest You