Students can take an educational "journey" through the Biblical creation story with this set of 10 picture/word and Bible verse cards that teach about the days of God's creation, from first day of light to the seventh day of rest! Each picture includes simple word labels with a corresponding card that lists a Bible passage reference to look up and read, as well as key verses from the passage. These cards are multi-purpose and can be used for different activities and lessons based on your students' needs, age levels, and reading abilities. A page of activity ideas (see suggestions below) is included with this resource, including suggestions for adapting activities for younger or older students or for use in multi-age settings.
The 10 picture/word cards in this resource are: light; day and night; sky; land and sea; vegetation; sun, moon, and stars; birds and sea creatures, land animals; man and woman; rest.
You can also purchase larger teaching cards/posters/storybook to use along with this resource: God's Creation Teaching Cards, Posters, or Storybook for Bible Learning
Activity Ideas for this product:
• Bible Storytelling/Timeline Cards: Print the cards out and use them in large group instruction to introduce the events and symbols of the creation story. You can pick out a card each day to introduce to the class, reading the Bible accounts. You can display each card on the wall as a timeline of Creation. You can use the picture cards to help students retell the events as well.
• Word & Bible Verse Scavenger Hunt: Print and cut out the cards, keeping the pictures and corresponding Bible verses together. Post the cards in various locations around the room. Make copies of the recording sheets (last pages in document) for each student. Each student needs a recording sheet, clipboard, and pencil. Following the order of numbers on the sheet and cards, students search around the room for the cards, writing the words (ex: light) in the first column and Bible references (ex: Genesis 1:1-5) on the second column on their sheet. Depending on the age/abilities of your students, you can have the students look up and read the verses independently during or after the hunt, have the teacher read the verses to the students as a class, or have students bring the worksheet home to have their families read with them. Older student helpers or parent volunteers could also assist younger students in reading the verses – great for multi-age classrooms and Vacation Bible School!
• Picture & Bible Verse Memory Match Game: Print and cut out the cards, separating the picture cards from the Bible verse cards. Students or teachers can read a Bible verse card and then find the picture/word card that matches that Bible verse. This activity can be adjusted to your students’ levels and abilities. For younger students, you can hand individual students or partners a picture card and have them stand up if they hear the matching Bible verse read aloud by the teacher. Older students can work in pairs to read the verses and sort the picture cards to the correct Bible verse cards. You could also use the cards to play “Memory/Concentration” and have students take turns flipping cards over and determining if the cards match (matching pictures to Bible verses).
• Writing Center Cards: Print and cut out the cards and place them in your writing center for students to use for Creation themed writing projects. The picture and word cards can help younger students draw and write words, while the Bible verse cards can help older students recall more challenging words and details from the Bible story.
• Keepsake Cards: Make copies of the cards for each student. Cut out the cards, keeping the pictures and Bible verses attached. Fold each in half so that the picture is on one side and the Bible verse is on the other, and tape edges together. Students now have their own cards to keep and use to read and study the Bible account of Creation, or practice memorizing key verses!
You may also be interested in:
Journey with Jesus' Miracles Bible Word Cards
Journey through Holy Week: Picture/Word Cards
Journey to the Savior's Birth: Bible Word Cards