This set of activities can be used to supplement Journeys 2014 Kindergarten Unit 5 Lesson 21. The games and literacy center activities are aligned to Common Core Standards and include:
1. "Simon and Molly plus Hester" game board and comprehension questions.
2. "Zin! Zin! Zin! a Violin" game board and comprehension questions.
3. "I Make Music"--Emergent Reader. Run front and back and fold in half to read. Black line and color masters are both included. (Large single page color copies are located right before the flash cards.)
4. Word-O (Bingo) Cards (10)
5. Musical Instrument Match Game/Sorting Game
6. Pronoun Sort Game (He, She, We, It--pictures & sentences) with activity sheet
7. One, More Than One Game and record sheet
8. Suffix (-ly, -ful) Cards for teacher instruction only
9. Long O/Short O Sound Sort Game with record sheet
10. Beginning Sound Sort Game (/g/, /i/, /d/, /r/) with record sheet
11. Scrambled Sentences with record sheet
12. High Frequency Word Matching Game/"Go Fish".
13. Handwriting Practice--trace names of things that were in the stories.
14. High Frequency Word Hunt (make, play, them, say, give, new)
15. Alphabet/Sound Match Game Cards
16. Build-A-Word. (High frequency words : say, new, give, them, play, make)
17. Spin a Sound Game (BEGINNING SOUNDS: /o/, /i/, /b/)
18. Graphic Organizers/Writing--( 29 pages)
19. Roll a Cube Activity
20. Sound-By-Sound Word Blending Letter Cut-A-Parts
21. High Frequency Word Flash Cards