This set of activities can be used to supplement Journeys 2014 Unit 5 Lesson 22. The games and literacy center activities are aligned to Common Core Standards and include:
1. "A Tiger Grows Up" game board and comprehension questions.
2. "Leo the Late Bloomer" game board and comprehension questions.
3. "It Was Good"--Emergent Reader. Run front and back and fold in half to read. Black line and color masters are both included. (Large single page color copies are located right before the flash cards.)
4. Word-O (Bingo) Cards (10)
5. Antonym Match Game with activity sheet
6. Pronoun Sort Game (They, It, I--pictures & sentences) with activity sheet
7. Mother and Baby Match Game with activity sheet
8. Suffix (-less) Cards for teacher instruction only
9. X and J Sound Sort Game with record sheet
10. Ending Sound Sort Game (/x/, /g/, /n/, /t/) with record sheet
11. Scrambled Sentences with record sheet
12. High Frequency Word Matching Game/"Go Fish".
13. Handwriting Practice--trace names of things that were in the stories.
14. High Frequency Word Hunt (said, good, was, ate, then, could)
15. Alphabet/Sound Match Game Cards
16. Build-A-Word. (High frequency words : said, good, was, ate, then, could)
17. Spin a Sound Game (SOUNDS: x-/ks/, /j/)
18. Graphic Organizers/Writing--( 23 pages)
19. Roll a Cube Activity
20. Sound-By-Sound Word Blending Letter Cut-A-Parts
21. High Frequency Word Flash Cards