This 128 page set of activities can be used to supplement Journeys 2014 Kindergarten Unit 5 Lesson 24. The games and literacy center activities are aligned to Common Core Standards and include:
1. "Red Eyes or Blue Feathers" game board and comprehension questions.
2. "Chameleon, Chameleon" game board and comprehension questions.
3. "Kip Ran Away"--Emergent Reader. Run front and back and fold in half to read. Black line and color masters are both included. (Large single page color copies are located right before the flash cards.)
4. Word-O (Bingo) Cards (10)
5. Animal Color Sort Game with record sheet
6. "It's a Question" Activity and record sheet
7. Suffix -ly and -ful instruction cards
8. Predator and Prey Match Game and activity sheet
9. Beginning Sound Sort Game (/h/, /e/, /n/) with record sheet
10. Word Family Sorting Game and activity sheet
11. Scrambled Sentences with record sheet
12. High Frequency Word Matching Game/"Go Fish".
13. Handwriting Practice--trace names of things that were in the stories.
14. High Frequency Word Hunt (he, no, away, by, must, there)
15. Alphabet/Sound Match Game Cards
16. Build-A-Word. (High frequency words : he, no, away, by, must, there)
17. Spin a Sound Game (SOUNDS: /h/, /k/)
18. Graphic Organizers/Writing--(28 pages)
19. Roll a Cube Activity
20. Sound-By-Sound Word Blending Letter Cut-A-Parts
21. High Frequency Word Flash Cards