Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
46 MB|463 pages
This bundle is packed full of engaging activities perfect for whole group, CENTERS, EARLY FINISHERS, HOMEWORK, ELA ROTATIONS, & STATIONS. Great for SUB PLANS, too:)
Journeys 2nd Grade Common Core 2014 Edition. We also offer a half year bundle for the 2011 edition, and a full year bundle for the 2017 edition.
This bundle combines 3 products into 1 for a great value!.
This bundle contains a variety of activities for each lesson in Units 4, 5, and 6 from the second grade Journeys Common Core from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. These activities are designed to teach, re-teach, practice, or assess the lessons taught in these units. All of the lessons from units 4, 5, and 6 are included in this bundle. A list of the unit lesson stories are listed below:
• Lesson 16 “Mr. Tanen’s Tie Trouble” ,“The Jefferson Daily News”
• Lesson 17 “Luke Goes to Bat”, “Jackie Robinson”
• Lesson 18 “My Name is Gabriela”, “Poems About Reading and Writing”
• Lesson 19 “The Signmaker’s Assistant”, “The Trouble with Signs”
• Lesson 20 “Dex: The Heart of a Hero”, “Heroes Then and Now”
• Lesson 21 “Penguin Chick” , “Emperor Penguins”
• Lesson 22 “Gloria Who Might Be My Best Friend”, “How to Make a Kite”
• Lesson 23 “The Goat in the Rug” , “Basket Weaving”
• Lesson 24 “ Half -Chicken” , “The Lion and the Mouse”
• Lesson 25 “From Seed to Plant”, “Super Soil”
• Lesson 26 “The Mysterious Tadpole” ,“From Eggs to Frogs”
• Lesson 27 “The Dog That Dug for Dinosaurs”, “La Brea Tar Pits”
• Lesson 28 “ Yeh-Shen” , “Cinderella”
• Lesson 29 “Two of Everything” , “Stone Soup”
• Lesson 30 “Now & Ben”, “A Model Citizen”
Here is some more description and detail for some of the content that is included in this packet:
We have developed writing “templates” for many of the writing opportunities found within these lessons. In our classrooms we use these writing templates in a variety of ways. They can be used for assessment to monitor student development in all areas of vocabulary and writing. We also use these pieces of student writing for the bulletin boards in the classroom to always have current student writing shown tied directly to the current anthology or lesson you are teaching. These pieces of writing can also be saved for a writing portfolio to show writing progress on various genres of student writing as they grow throughout the year, and shown at Open House.
Grammar and Word Work-
We have developed worksheet activities to practice some of the grammar skills taught within each theme. These worksheets can also be used for assessment purposes.
We have developed a variety of “Essential Questions” for the passages to promote higher level thinking, citing examples and evidence, and align with Common Core Practices.
Each product in this bundle can be purchased separately but purchased together are a great value.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
“JOURNEYS Common Core”, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, copyright 2014, Second Grade book 2.2
ISBN 13: 9780547885483
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2014 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667
“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Background Paper from “Teachers Toolkit”… please see their store www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teachers-Toolkit
Ribbons frames by Teacher’s Gumbo
Pastel polka dot border created by Katie Thomson, check out her store on TPT
Borders by Krista Wallden, check out her store on TPT
Borders by Dancing Crayon Designs, check out her TPT store
Basket Weave borders made by JessCabral, a Seller on TPT… check out her store.
Square Polka Dot border by Ashley Hughes, Seller on TPT… check out her store.
World map image found and credit given to outling-world-map.com
Please click on the titles below to view each product individually
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original [component] work on which this material is based.