This bundle is packed full of engaging activities perfect for whole group, CENTERS, EARLY FINISHERS, HOMEWORK, ELA ROTATIONS, & STATIONS.
Great for SUB PLANS too!
These activities are designed to teach, re-teach, practice, or assess the lessons taught in these units. All of the lessons from units 4, 5, and 6 are included in this bundle.
We also offer the Common Core 2014 version, and the full year 2017 version.
Included in this packet is the following:
Unit 4 – Extreme Nature
“Big Idea” Poster- “Our world is an amazing place. “
• Lesson 16 “A Mr. Rubbish Mood” (Humorous Fiction), “Save the Rain Forest” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 17 “The Albertosaurus Mystery”( Informational Text), “Find Fossils for Fun ”(Informational Text)
• Lesson 18 “A Tree is Growing” (Informational Text), “Poems About Nature” (Poetry)
• Lesson 19 “Dogzilla” (Fantasy), “Whose Land Is It?” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 20 “Life on the Ice” (Informational Text), “The Raven: An Inuit Myth” (Traditional Tales)
Unit 5 – Going Places
“Big Idea” Poster- “There are many reasons to take a journey.”
• Lesson 21 “Two Bad Ants” (Fantasy), “Poems About Bugs” (Poetry)
• Lesson 22 “The Journey: Stories of Migration”( Informational Text), “The Grasshopper and the Ant” (Fable)
• Lesson 23 “The Journey of Oliver K. Woodman” (Fantasy), “Moving the U.S. Mail” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 24 “ Dog-of-the-Sea-Waves” (Realistic Fiction), “The Land Volcanoes Built” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 25 “Mountains: Surviving on Mt. Everest” (Informational Text), “The Big Cleanup” (Play)
Unit 6- Make Your Mark
“Big Idea” Poster- “To reach a goal takes hard work.”
• Lesson 26 “Paca and the Beetle ” (Traditional Tale), “The Foot Race Across America” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 27 “The Power of Magnets”( Informational Text)”Electromagnets and You” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 28 “Becoming Anything He Wants to Be” (Informational Text), “My Blue Belt Day!” (Journal Entry)
• Lesson 29 “A New Team of Heroes (Play), “C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 30 “Acting Across Generations” (Informational Text), “Saving Buster” (Fiction)
Included for each lesson’s anthologies are the following:
• Crossword Puzzles( Vocabulary Development)
• Answer Keys for Crossword Puzzle (Vocabulary Development)
• Word Banks for Crossword Puzzles (Vocabulary Development)
• CLOZE (fill in the blank) worksheets (Vocabulary Development)
• Writing Templates (Stationary) associated with each story and skill being taught such as “Personal Narrative, Persuasive Essays, Summaries, Poetry, etc.
• Graphic Organizers associated with the story
• Task Cards or grammar worksheets in some lessons
• Common Core Essential Questions in some lessons
Here is some more description and detail for some of the content that is included in this packet:
We have developed writing “templates” for many of the writing opportunities found within these lessons. In our classrooms we use these writing templates in a variety of ways. They can be used for assessment to monitor student development in all areas of vocabulary and writing. We also use these pieces of student writing for the bulletin boards in the classroom to always have current student writing shown tied directly to the current anthology or lesson you are teaching. These pieces of writing can also be saved for a writing portfolio to show writing progress on various genres of student writing as they grow throughout the year, and shown at Open House.
Grammar and Word Work-
We have developed worksheet activities to practice some of the grammar skills taught within each theme. These worksheets can also be used for assessment purposes.
We have developed a variety of “Essential Questions” for the passages to promote higher level thinking, citing examples and evidence, and align with Common Core Practices.
Each product in this bundle can be purchased separately but purchased together are a great value.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2014 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667
“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Background Paper from “Teachers Toolkit”… please see their store www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teachers-Toolkit
Ribbons frames by Teacher’s Gumbo
Pastel polka dot border created by Katie Thomson, check out her store on TPT
Borders by Krista Wallden, check out her store on TPT
Borders by Dancing Crayon Designs, check out her TPT store
Basket Weave borders made by JessCabral, a Seller on TPT… check out her store.
Square Polka Dot border by Ashley Hughes, Seller on TPT… check out her store.
World map image found and credit given to outling-world-map.com
Please click on the links below to view each product in this bundle individually:
Journeys 3rd Grade Unit 4 “Extreme Nature” (Book 3.2) Supplemental Materials
Journeys 3rd Grade Unit 5 “Going Places” (Book 3.2) Supplemental Materials
Journeys 3rd Grade Unit 6 “Make Your Mark” (Book 3.2) Supplemental Materials
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Journeys 3rd Grade Unit 1 “Good Citizens” (Book 3.1) Supplemental Materials
Journeys 3rd Grade Unit 2 “Express Yourself” (Book 3.1) Supplemental Materials
Journeys 3rd Grade Unit 3 “Learning Lessons” (Book 3.1) Supplemental Materials
Journeys 3rd Grade Units 1-2-3 Half Year Bundle Supplemental Materials
Journeys 3rd Grade Language Arts Reading Full Year Bundle Units 1-6
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original [component] work on which this material is based.