This 985 pg MEGA BUNDLE is packed full of engaging activities perfect for whole group, CENTERS, EARLY FINISHERS, HOMEWORK, ELA ROTATIONS, & STATIONS.
Great for SUB PLANS too:)
Journeys 3rd Grade Common Core, 2014 version.
We also offer the 2011 and 2017 full year bundles!
We designed and created these materials to accompany each lesson in the 3rd grade Journeys Reading book to teach, re-teach, practice, or assess the lessons taught in these units. All of the lessons from units 1 through 6 are included in this bundle. A list of the unit lesson stories are listed below:
• Lesson 1 “A Fine, Fine School” ,“One-Room Schoolhouses”
• Lesson 2 “The Trial of Cardigan Jones”, “You be the Jury”
• Lesson 3 “Destiny’s Gift”, “Kids Making a Difference”
• Lesson 4 “Pop’s Bridge, “Bridges”
• Lesson 5 “Roberto Clemente: Pride of the Pittsburgh Pirates”, “Baseball Poems”
• Lesson 6 “Bat Loves the Night” , “A Bat is Born”
• Lesson 7 “What Do Illustrators Do?” , “Jack Draws a Beanstalk”
• Lesson 8 “The Harvest Birds” , “The Treasure”
• Lesson 9 “ Kamishibai Man” , “The True Story of Kamishibai”
• Lesson 10 “Young Thomas Edison”, “Moving Pictures”
• Lesson 11 “Technology Wins the Game” ,“Science for Sports Fans”
• Lesson 12 “Tops and Bottoms”, “Goodness Grows in Gardens”
• Lesson 13 “ Yonder Mountain: A Cherokee Legend , “The Trail of Tears”
• Lesson 14 “Aero and Officer Mike” , “Kids and Critters”
• Lesson 15 “ The Extra-good Sunday”, Imagine a Recipe”
• Lesson 16 “Judy Moody Saves the World! ” , “My Smelly Pet”
• Lesson 17 “The Albertosaurus Mystery”, “Find Fossils for Fun ”
• Lesson 18 “A Tree is Growing” , “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”
• Lesson 19 “Two Bear Cubs”, “Whose Land Is It?”
• Lesson 20 “Life on the Ice” , “The Raven: An Inuit Myth”
• Lesson 21 “Sarah, Plain and Tall” , “Wagons of the Old West”
• Lesson 22 “The Journey: Stories of Migration”, “The Grasshopper and the Ant”
• Lesson 23 “The Journey of Oliver K. Woodman” , “Moving the U.S. Mail”
• Lesson 24 “ Dog-of-the-Sea-Waves” , “The Land Volcanoes Built”
• Lesson 25 “Mountains: Surviving on Mt. Everest” , “The Big Cleanup”
• Lesson 26 “Paca and the Beetle ”, “The Foot Race Across America”
• Lesson 27 “The Power of Magnets”, “Electromagnets and You”
• Lesson 28 “Becoming Anything He Wants to Be” , “My Blue Belt Day!”
• Lesson 29 “A New Team of Heroes “, “C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S”
• Lesson 30 “Acting Across Generations” , “Saving Buster”
Included for each lesson’s anthologies are the following:
• Crossword Puzzles( Vocabulary Development)
• Answer Keys for Crossword Puzzle (Vocabulary Development)
• Word Banks for Crossword Puzzles (Vocabulary Development)
• CLOZE (fill in the blank) worksheets (Vocabulary Development)
• Writing Templates (Stationary) associated with each story and skill being taught such as “Personal Narrative, Persuasive Essays, Summaries, Poetry, etc.
• Graphic Organizers associated with the story
• Task Cards or grammar worksheets in some lessons
• Common Core Essential Questions in some lessons
Possible uses for this product:
We have developed writing “templates” for many of the writing opportunities found within these lessons. In our classrooms we use these writing templates to monitor student development, displaying current writing, student assesment and for writing portfolios.
We have developed a variety of “Essential Questions” for the passages to promote higher level thinking, citing examples and evidence, and align with Common Core Practices.
Each product in this bundle can be purchased separately but purchased together are a great value.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Please click on the titles below to view each product individually
Journeys Common Core 3rd Grade Unit 1 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 3rd Grade Unit 2 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 3rd Grade Unit 3 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 3rd Grade Unit 4 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 3rd Grade Unit 5 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys 3rd Grade Unit 6 “Make Your Mark” Supplemental Materials
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Planets-Solar System Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Human Body Systems Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Volcano Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Animal Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Dinosaur Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Earthquake Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
City Research Report
Native American Research Report
Volcano Research Report
Dinosaur Research Report
Insect Research Report
Amphibian Research Report
Ocean Animal Research Report
Earthquake Research Report
Reptile Research Report
Animal Report and Insect Report Bundle
Earthquake – Volcano – Planet Research Report Bundle
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2014 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667
“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Background Paper from “Teachers Toolkit”… please see their store www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teachers-Toolkit
Ribbons frames by Teacher’s Gumbo
Pastel polka dot border created by Katie Thomson, check out her store on TPT
Borders by Krista Wallden, check out her store on TPT
Borders by Dancing Crayon Designs, check out her TPT store
Basket Weave borders made by JessCabral, a Seller on TPT… check out her store.
Square Polka Dot border by Ashley Hughes, Seller on TPT… check out her store.
World map image found and credit given to outling-world-map.com
Backgrounds by Erin Cobb-Lovin Lit, Seller on TPT… check out her store.
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original [component] work on which this material is based.