This supplemental pack is aligned to the Journeys 2014 and 2017 curriculum for 4th grade.
This Journeys Grade 4 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 3, Lesson 12 (The Earth Dragon Awakes). The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Reading Literature and Language sections of the curriculum.
for ALL Journeys Lessons and Bundles available in my store!
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous.
The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Journeys lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
• Visualizing – interactive notebook
• Picture Summary – drawing
• Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
• Possessive Nouns – cut and paste
Reading Literature & Informational Text supplements:
• Sequence of Events – Students notice the sequence of events. They record the most important events in the order they occurred.
• Sequence of Events – Number the story events into the correct sequence.
• Picture Summary – Students draw a picture summary of the story. They add dialogue and speech bubbles as needed.
• Conclusions and Generalizations – Students support a given generalization. They then support a drawn conclusion with details from the text.
• The Earth Dragon Awakes - Text-dependent story questions
• Twisters - Text-dependent questions
• Essential Question ��� Students journal write answering the question “How do natural disasters affect people?”
• Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 10 vocabulary words are printed in large, in black & white, to be printed and hung in the classroom.
• Dictionary Definitions and Sentence Writing
• Vocabulary Synonyms - Students match each vocabulary word to the correct synonym. Then they use context clues to complete each sentence with the correct vocabulary word.
• Spelling List – 2 to a page, to be printed and cut apart
• Spelling 3 Times Each
• Spelling Triangles - Students write the spelling words into the correct columns based on their endings.
• Possessive Nouns - Students cut and paste the correct possessive pronoun into each sentence.
More materials available for Unit 3!
Journeys Lesson 11
Journeys Lesson 13
Journeys Lesson 14
Journeys Lesson 15
Journeys Unit 3 BUNDLE
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed or endorsed by the Houghton Mifflin Publishing Company.