This supplemental pack is aligned to the Journeys 2011/2012, 2014, and 2017 curriculum for 4th grade.
This Journeys Grade 4 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 3, Lesson 15 (Ecology for Kids). The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Reading Literature and Language sections of the curriculum.
for ALL Journeys Lessons and Bundles available in my store!
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous.
The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Journeys lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
• Monitor & Clarify – interactive notebook
• Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
• Irregular Verbs – cut and paste
Reading Literature & Informational Text supplements:
• Main Idea & Details Web – Students complete the web, noting a main idea and supporting details.
• Main Idea & Details – Students complete the graphic organizer, noting 2 main ideas and supporting details.
• Writing Supporting Details – Students complete the graphic organizer, supporting the 2 main ideas provided with supporting details.
• Monitor & Clarify: Tricky Words – Students write down any tricky words they find as they read. They use context clues to determine the meaning and then look up the definition in the dictionary.
• Monitor & Clarify: Asking Questions & Monitoring Understanding – Students write down any questions they have while reading. They also write about any sections of text they find confusing.
• Author’s Word Choice – Students read the sentences and italicized words. They explain the significance of the italicized words and why the author may have used the word. (This is a bonus skill not included in the 2011/2012 edition.)
• Ecology for Kids - Text-dependent story questions
• Wonderful Weather - Text-dependent questions
• Essential Question – Students journal write answering the question “Why is it important to be informed about what is happening in our world?”
• Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 10 vocabulary words are printed in large, in black & white, to be printed and hung in the classroom.
• Dictionary Definitions and Sentence Writing
• Vocabulary Context Clues – Students use context clues to determine the vocabulary word that best replaces the given synonym.
• Using Context Clues - Students use context clues to determine the vocabulary word that best fits each incomplete sentence.
• Spelling List – 2 to a page, to be printed and cut apart
• Spelling 3 Times Each
• Changing y to i - Students write the spelling words, changing the final y to i and adding –es, -est, -er, and –ed.
• Irregular Verbs - Students cut and paste each irregular verb into the correct sentence.
An entire year of Journeys supplements for your 4th Grade classroom!
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 1-3 for 2014 & 2017
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 4-6 for 2014 & 2017
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 1-3 for 2011/2012
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 4-6 for 2011/2012
More materials available for Unit 3!
Journeys Lesson 11 (2014 & 2017)
Journeys Lesson 11 (2011/2012)
Journeys Lesson 12
Journeys Lesson 13
Journeys Lesson 14
Unit 3 BUNDLE 2014 & 2017
Unit 3 BUNDLE 2011/2012
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed or endorsed by the Houghton Mifflin Publishing Company.