This supplemental pack is aligned to the Journeys 2011/2012 curriculum for 4th grade.
This Journeys Grade 4 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 4, Lesson 18 (Moon Runner). The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Reading Literature and Language sections of the curriculum.
for Journeys Lesson 18 (Hercules’ Quest) aligned to 2014 & 2017.
for ALL Journeys Lessons and Bundles available in my store!
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous.
The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Journeys lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
• Understanding Characters – interactive notebook
• Asking Questions – interactive notebook
• Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
Reading Literature & Informational Text supplements:
• Understanding Characters – Students complete the graphic organizer. They take notes on the main character's thoughts, words, and actions.
• Character Study – Students complete the Character Map, writing adjectives and text evidence that describe the main character.
• Asking Questions – Students ask questions about the story as they read. Then, they record their answers if they find them!
• Point of View – Students write about the main problem from the two main characters' points of view.
• Moon Runner - Text-dependent story questions
• A Day for the Moon – Text-dependent story questions
• Essential Question – Students journal write answering the question “How can people share their successes?”
• Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 10 vocabulary words are printed in large, in black & white, to be printed and hung in the classroom.
• Dictionary Definitions and Sentence Writing
• Using Context Clues - Students use context clues to determine the vocabulary word that best fits each incomplete sentence.
• Homophones, Homonyms, and Homographs - Students circle the best answer for each sentence. They must choose between words with similar spellings, pronunciations, and/or meanings.
• Spelling List – 2 to a page, to be printed and cut apart
• Spelling 3 Times Each
• Spelling: Prefix Sort - Students use what they know about the meaning of the prefixes to define each word.
• Spelling: Triangles - Students write the spelling words one letter at a time, so that they take the shape of triangles.
• Prepositional Phrases - Students circle the preposition in each sentence. They underline the entire prepositional phrase. They tell whether the preposition conveys location, time, or other information.
An entire year of Journeys supplements for your 4th Grade classroom!
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 1-3 for 2014 & 2017
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 4-6 for 2014 & 2017
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 1-3 for 2011/2012
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 4-6 for 2011/2012
More materials available for Unit 4!
Journeys Lesson 16
Journeys Lesson 17
for Journeys Lesson 18 (Hercules’ Quest) 2014 & 2017
Journeys Lesson 19
Journeys Lesson 20
Unit 4 BUNDLE 2014 & 2017
Unit 4 BUNDLE 2011/2012
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed or endorsed by the Houghton Mifflin Publishing Company.