This supplemental pack is aligned to the Journeys 2011/2012, 2014, & 2017 curriculum for 4th grade.
Upon opening the zip file, simply select the lesson that matches the publication year of your curriculum. (The only difference between the publication years are the vocabulary words.)
This Journeys Grade 4 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 6, Lesson 26 (The Girl Who Loved Spiders). The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Reading Literature and Language sections of the curriculum.
for ALL Journeys Lessons and Bundles available in my store!
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous.
The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Journeys lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
• Story Structure – interactive notebook
• Visualizing – interactive notebook
• Visualizing - drawing
• Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
Reading Literature & Informational Text supplements:
• Story Structure – Students take notes about the most important characters, the setting, and the plot (including problem, events leading to the solution/resolution, and the solution/resolution.
• Summary - Students use the transition words provided to write a summary of the story. They are challenged to use vocabulary words in their summary.
• Point of View - Students determine the story’s point of view. They list books they’ve read that are written in the first and third person point of view.
• Visualizing - Students draw a scene from the story, as they visualized it. They add dialogue and labels as needed.
• The Girl Who Loved Spiders - Text-dependent story questions
• Web Wise - Text-dependent questions
• The Spider & Spider Ropes – Poetry connection
• Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 10 vocabulary words are printed in large, in black & white, to be printed and hung in the classroom.
• Dictionary Definitions and Sentence Writing
• Using Context Clues
• Greek & Latin Word Parts - Students use the meanings of Greek and Latin word parts therm, meter, bio, aqua, aud and photo to match words to the correct definitions.
• Spelling List – 2 to a page, to be printed and cut apart
• Spelling 3 Times Each
• Make Your Own Word Search - Students use their spelling words to create a word search.
• Making Comparisons – Students complete the table of adjectives, comparative adjectives, and superlative adjectives.
• Comparing Using More and Most – Students complete sentence using the words more and most.
An entire year of Journeys supplements for your 4th Grade classroom!
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 1-3 for 2014 & 2017
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 4-6 for 2014 & 2017
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 1-3 for 2011/2012
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 4-6 for 2011/2012
Below are more lessons available for Unit 6:
Journeys Lesson 27
Journeys Lesson 28
Journeys Lesson 29
Journeys Lesson 30
Unit 6 BUNDLE 2014 & 2017
Unit 6 BUNDLE 2011/2012
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed or endorsed by the Houghton Mifflin Publishing Company.